Saturday, December 1, 2012

I wish I could talk like that......


I found myself falling in Love with poetry again this week. I found some poetry by Ethridge Knight(one of my favorite poets) and Langston Hughes that I have never read before. Not only did I love the pieces I read..I felt my pen come alive. Normally I would share with you some life experience that I feel you should take away from the poem I wrote...unfortunately this week I don't.  Lol All I can say is I got my groove back with something I'm passionate about.  It gets me, high, horny and  drunk all at the same time.(I have never been high by the way...lol I am not saying its ok to do drugs. Just say no) anyway....lol these are my feelings after I read my favorite poets. I hope you guys enjoy. Please leave your feedback, comments or complaints. God Bless ~Taye

Speaking in Tongues 

What is this language that you speak to me?
So intoxicating
I find parts of me pulsating
t the sound of every other word
All caught up in you
And this new infatuation
I've found....
Becoming more  inebriated 
The more you speak in that tongue
I find it harder to continue
To try to keep the thought 
Of you going up my thigh
Or more 
I know it's wrong
But with words like that 
How can I say no
Just as I stand up to go
You spit another verse
It hits me like ammo
You struck me I'm down
Take..me...all of me
Put you inside of me
Let yourself release
So I spit that same language 
That ........poetry

1 comment: