Thursday, December 27, 2012

Finding a Piece of Mind.......

In life, I think we all have things we have done that we are not proud of. I am no different from anyone else in the world. I'm thankful that I have picked up a habit of writing to let that shame out instead of  holding on to it. As Lauryn Hill says,"You gotta find your peace of mind." I found mine and I pray to God you find yours. Hope you enjoy reading this. God bless ya'll! Please leave your comments/feedback. Thanks
 Love ~ Taye


These Hands
My hands
Permanently stained
Once beautiful and brown
Now tainted
So I hide them ashamed
Water and soap can’t help
Tried so hard to use that to remove
The pain….or maybe as a cover
But the constant scrubbing
Only drives me insane…and still
After all that
The blood remains on those hands
Causing me to abstain from
Moving on in life
For the fear that I may touch
And stain somebody else
So I try to get high
As often as I can
From the ink of the pen
Thinking maybe this time
These hands might write
Some peace to cover the shame
These hands have caused.




No comments:

Post a Comment