Thursday, September 13, 2012

Warrior Song.....Im more than a Survior

We have all been through hard times. There is not a person that I know that is immune to storms, worries, stress or just that one person that gets on your last nerves.  :-) We go through issues, but we always seem to come out  much stronger. I like T.I when he says “What don’t kill me, makes me better”. There are many quotes and sayings all along those lines that mean and say the same thing.  That’s exactly my point, we go through things, come out stronger, and have a testimony to encourage others! One thing that I have learned as I have gotten older is that I am a Warrior!  More than a survivor (which I have always thought of myself to be). However a warrior, is in constant battle ,prepared  and protects. The dictionary had defined a warrior as: a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics.   I have exceeded, conquered and demonstrated all of the above. God has molded a warrior woman out of me. A woman who refuses to give up, bow down or settle. Whatever you may be  going through, stand strong, put on your warrior mentality and walk in it.  This poem below is my Warrior poem. Thank you guys for stopping by and reading today. Be blessed, leave a comment and stop back by tomorrow. ~Taye


More than a Survior 
The world brings drawbacks
But I fight past that
Stand tall move on
I can do that
Off the bat
I was made to outlast
Refused to be
held down by my past
Rocked by hurricanes
Earthquakes and all
Still I'm here standing tall
Dirt dumped on me
I done stood in the rain
Heart stomped on
But I endured the pain
Fake ones have tried to faze
Set my dreams on fire
Yet I survived the blaze
Verbal slugs thrown
to the back  of my head
Learned not to care
about what they said
Kunta's fight in my blood
I am the bud
God allowed to grow
From the concrete
Through the storm and then some
With each layer that comes undone
i get tougher as my beauty shine.

 

3 comments: